Rebecca’s General Nail Care & Habits
- Biotin and vitamin B12 - I take one of each a day and they have helped loads in growing out and keeping my nails strong. I think it has been 5/6 months now. It also also helped with my hair!
- Having a healthy diet in general - Protein and all those other vitamins definitely contribute! Sometimes I go through phases where I have little/no appetite so I don’t eat balanced meals and as a result my nails become frail so having a healthy and consistent diet definitely help out.
- Shaping & filing regularly - I have no science behind this but I believe it helps. Some of my nails grow much faster than the others. The ones in my last photograph are primarily the nails that grow quickly! I have trouble growing all my nails that long and consistently.
- Moisturizing hands/nails
- Habit of pushing my cuticles back
- I don’t pick polish
- No gel manicures (My mother and sister both use gel systems and it has totally affected the length!)
- I’m not a nail biter!
- I don’t use my nails to rip things open, pick, or pull things apart
I may add to this list but this is off the top of my head!